First of all, a finish!!
On this particular penny rug the instructions were to featherstitch around all of the pennies, but that just didn't work for me. So I used buttonhole stitch and then feather stitched around the outer section. I am happy with that. I used DMC floss 842 that I over dyed by dumping a bunch of old floss I had...papers and all...into a pot of tan Rit dye. Figured I had nothing to lose, and they turned out great. When I removed the papers, it added a nice lighter color giving me a variegated floss.
I stapled all of my pennies on and the top section to the bottom section. A real timesaver, held everything beautifully and came out without a hitch.
I switched out the bottom to an old Army blanket...the kit had the same gray. I like the contrast. Cee furnished the aged binding. The pattern didn't call for backing, but I used a homespun and backed it.
Next up, I pulled out Words to Live By. I have the last three of the main dozen blocks fused and ready to stitch. Yesterday I was able to finish off one except for the inking, and start another at Woolgatherers.
Tonight I pulled out this rug...
I started it last year in an effort to use up some worms. The worm bags are not diminished in the least...in fact, they are even fuller now that I have completed these last two rugs. But I think that I will get back to work on this rug as it really was fun. The pattern is My Way by Hooked on George, size 30x54 I think.
I am still plugging along slowly on the Alleitare Mystery Quilt. Nothing exciting to show there.
Sara Ashley attended her last Bedford Middle School dance tonight. So grown up and pretty....and such a sweet blessing.
Another good one from Bonnie Hunter...