Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Farewell Quilting Year 2014

Trying to cram in a lot on this last post of the year.  Haven't done my totals for the year.  I wasn't too good about keeping the finishes list current, so I am going to have to backtrack through the blog.  I do know that I got quite a few large quilts finished, some of them UFOs many years old.  All said, what I got done was okay.  Would like to finish more UFOs and pare down the stash a lot more.....but hey, it is a hobby, not a job.....and I want to enjoy what I do.

This was probably my largest finish.  It is Comfort and Joy.  If you recall, I started this one the first of 2014 and was thrilled to have it finished and in use by Christmas.......it was close.

 
Whirling Stars is a You Tube pattern from the Missouri Quilt Company.  I actually finished the binding on it a couple of months ago, but never shared the finish.

Nines and Vines, an oldie from AP&Q,  finally got it's binding done this week.  Another UFO finish.  I love this quilt.  Makes me wonder why it took so long to finish it.  The fabrics in the nine patch blocks are early CW reproduction fabrics and it is so much fun to look at them.  Wish there were still a few of them in the stash now.

Another UFO finish .......hopefully the last of the pieced LQs SS Samplers.  I learned so much about machine piecing from the several years of participating in this program.

Ashley with Snowmen A-Z.  She loved it.  Actually, I did too, even though it was a push to get it done.  She has the top border folded down so that I could see her face.


Bad photo, but this is the label and the backing fabric for Snowmen.



My favorite quilting activities this year were collecting materials for and stitching these dog beds for a local rescue group..........how can you not love these sweet babies?????  And, of course, our QOVs that I shared in an earlier post.  The Sew Crazies rock!!!  Dog photos were lifted from Sandy's FB page.

I still have a couple of quilts to bind, but it will be nice to have a couple of UFO finishes to start the NY.  And I am working on my Lucy blocks.  Got a two more finished and put the background around one of them.  I love the way the background changes the blocks and makes the designs pop.  I will share those in a day or so.

Have some thoughts about the NY and what I would like to accomplish.  I always want to be more focused.  But mainly, I just want to love doing what I do.  That seems more important than how many things I finish at this point in my life.  Funny how your perspective can change when someone you love is fighting for the privilege of life itself.

GRATITUDES:
Hobbies that lend to doing something greater in the scheme of things.
Reflection.
Plans.

Take Care,
Jennie

4 comments:

  1. I think the A to Z Snowmen is a unique design for a snowman pattern. I have been so tempted by that pattern but it is a lot of stitching. And I already have a couple big stitchery patterns not even begun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are quilter extraordinaire! Wonderful finishes!
    I love that you make beds for rescue. God bless you.
    Happy New Year.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilts but especially Nines and Vines and Comfort and Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Whirling Stars quilt and would like to make one for my 5 year old grandson, I have looked several times on the Missouri Star Quilts, but have had no luck finding the video.

    ReplyDelete